(image from here)



This is a totally semi-random suggestion but the kids and I have been enjoying watching old "Wonder Years" episodes. 

My kids are both tweens now, and it is sometimes hard to find something to watch that we all enjoy. This show was on TV when I was a kid but I only watched the odd episode for whatever reason even though it was on for years (1988-1993 to be exact).

I am sure there are probably things in it that are totally offensive in today's political climate, (always feel like I have to mention this with old media, but there you go), but in general I have found it to be fun and thoughtful and full of interesting things to talk about with the kids. 

It is set during the 60ies, an obvious attempt to lure Boomer parents with nostalgia, and has episodes featuring the moon landing, race riots and feminist uprisings playing out in the background. In the foreground is pre-teen romance which is captured pretty realistically and is rendered as complicated and messy as it should be.

Anyway, just a hot tip if you have kids in that in-between age and are desperate for something new to watch together. The episodes used to be on netflix, but unfortunately are no longer, so we have been watching them here.