(image from here)


I have this exact bike except mine has a hinge in the middle and is blue. It is a 70ies era Peugeot "Nouveau style" velo pliant (fold-up bike). I am so into it.

I always pictured myself with more of an 80ies road bike, but this is actually a much better fit for me. Very upright Grandma style, which is - let's face it - my style. 

The chrome is super shiny and beautiful, it has front and back racks and even a bottle dynamo, which is the thing where when you pedal - it powers a light in the front and back. It also came with a bike pump that fastens onto the bike, but the tubes in the wheels were changed so the pump doesn't fit the mouth of the tube anymore. Looks cool though - accessories! AND a bell with the Peugeot lion

I had wanted a bike for years, having sold my old one (also a fold-up) at a last minute, desperate garage sale before we moved from Quebec to BC. I was so happy when Patrick came home with this one day, he saw it at a garage sale and said - yep, that's the one for her. And he was right!

Just found this old catalogue while I was researching my bike and I thought it was just too much - so great - I had to post a few images here. Love the laid-back, retro, natural styling contrasted with the Helvetica font.