Patrick got me this beautiful block of watercolour paper for Valentine's day, so I am really pushing myself to use it up without getting to precious about it. 

I am finding it, really, really, hard. I have used 6 sheets out of the 20 so far. My goal is to just pop them off without any attachment, but the paper is so nice it makes me want to cry. 

I have listened to a couple of talks by David Shrigley for motivation and inspiration. He said he does 30 drawings a day approximately, and maybe keeps one to exhibit or publish. (At least I think that is what he said, something like that). 

I am trying to take the same attitude. The thing he has in his corner is that he has chosen to throw skill and craft out the window, which is so liberating and the results are so charming. I wish I could do the same because it would feel easier, but I feel a little tied to the craft of drawing. Not a lot mind you - just a little.